SolarPower Summit 2020: insights from IEA's Executive Director, Fatih Birol - 25 Μarch 2020
25 March 2020, Brussels
New confirmed speaker: insights from IEA's Executive Director, Fatih Birol
IEA's Executive Director will deliver an input presentation at the 'Powering a climate neutral Europe by 2050: accelerators and missing links' session.
The European Commission will issue a ‘climate law’ to be announced in the spring of 2020 which could mark the beginning of a new legislative cycle on energy and climate policies.
This high-level session will address topics such as the most promising technology solutions to meet this challenge, how can we ensure a fair transition or the regulatory silver bullets to achieve the carbon neutrality goal.
Solar powering the European Green Deal
The SolarPower Summit 2020 sets to outline solar’s contribution to the European Green Deal for citizens, regions and industries.
According to IEA's 'Renewables 2019' market report: 'Distributed solar PV capacity is forecast to increase by over 250% during the forecast period, reaching 530 GW by 2024 in the main case. Compared with the previous six-year period, expansion more than doubles, with the share of distributed applications in total solar PV capacity growth increasing from 36% to 45%.'
- Exclusive launch of the SolarPower Europe 2050 energy study
- Powering a climate neutral Europe by 2050: accelerators and missing links
- 7 Solar solutions to deliver an ambitious, secure, and inclusive EU Green deal
- Financing solar in the post subsidy era
- Smart sectoral integration – a solar agenda?
- Solar, sustainability and the circular economy
Towards European industrial leadership in solar
30 January 2020